Down-Home Charm Photo Album Songbank Fan-Fiction History Books Fan Art Miscellania Links
Fan-Fiction >
UXM #350 Aftermath >
"Keeping It in the Family"

Stories in this series

"Having a Bad Day"
Mr. Sinister finds out about the family he never knew he had. But this isn't the Sinister we know: Think Sinister on drugs. A lot of drugs. (Warning: Some language, sexual references)

"If the Last Day Was Bad"
Sinister's home is invaded by women. (Warning: Some language, sexual references)

"Sinister, Live on Frasier"
Sinister seeks advice from a certain famous radio psychiatrist. (Warning: Some language, sexual references)

"A New Arrial"
The Essex/Darkholme clan adds a new member -- and it's not a new baby!

"Remy's Return"
Gambit finally comes back, only to learn the real truth about Rogue's past -- and his own future.

"Dear Santa"
Rogue writes her annual Christmas letter to Santa Claus and reflects on the changes in her life over the past year.

"Uncle's Day"
Sinister muses on everything from Women's Lib to parenthood to household visitors.

"Thursday's Child"
After losing Kes, Sinister spends years watching their daughter Rogue from afar.

DISCLAIMER:
Recognisable characters = Marvel Comics
Unrecognisable characters = Rhona Highet
No Permission = No money making
Math lesson's over = Beginning of story!
Distribute freely without asking me because the answer is yes anyway. Make changes if you like just point out that the original text is mine! Make fun of it if you like BUT you have to e-mail me first. Don't change the title of this 'cause I happen to like it. Be happy!


Nathaniel Essex aka Mr Sinister is having a bad day!

"Okay, I'm having a really bad day and I'm really pissed off. First those damn X-Men came to my home and wreck the joint. Thank God I own the place and wasn't renting it. You'd think the place had been hit by an earthquake the way they left it.

"Anyway, I sorted out the insurance and the bill has been sent to Charlie! I'll never get that 'no claims bonus' now, thank you Mr Summers. I shouldn't blame it all on Summers (I could but I won't), Rogue did a lot of demolition work. Stupid cow! I suppose it's not really her fault either. I mean, she was raised by that psycho bitch, Mystique.

"Speaking of bitches, I ran into my ex. Yes, I saw psycho's sister Kes! Boy did she look good! She was wearing a clingy little get up under her white lab coat.

"Listen to me, I sound like Deadpool. Next thing, I'll be dating little Irish red heads. NOT.

"Anyway, I was going to talk to my immortal beloved, when this guy comes out and start pawing my wife (well technically, we're not divorced). So, I go up to him, knock him in to next Tuesday and she gets mad at me. She goes 'Who the fuck are you?' and I, forgetting that I had one of those image changer thingumajigs on, said 'I'm your fucking husband you stupid bitch.'

"Okay, I'm the first to admit that the last comment was uncalled for. She looked at me and went 'Nathaniel?' and I said 'How many husbands do you have?' She looked at me with disgust and yes, I know that look all to well. So basically she told me where to go and that in her eyes the marriage had been over for ages. Then she said something which got me thinking. 'If you loved me, you wouldn't have left us the last time.'

"Left us? What was she on? Then I searched through all the damned files and medical records (because I can) and found out that one Kestrel Darkholme had given birth to a 6lb 5oz baby girl in Mississippi almost 23 years ago. Which means the kid has a 100% chance of being mine 'cause I remember Kes and I having a bit of a fling around that time.

"Anyway, I went to the place of my baby's birth and got copies of the birth certificate. I feel I should point out that it was actually Kes who left me, I didn't leave her. So basically I do love her she just didn't want me ............oh I get it, it's because I actually did some work while she was around. Well SORRY for not giving you 24 hour attention Kes, but some of us do have lives. Spoilt bitch. If it's not about her she gets mad. Have you ever tried arguing with someone who's over 100 years old yet has the mind of a 17 year old?

"I'm getting side-tracked. I got a copy of the birth certificates only to discover my baby, Christian, was adopted. I have to protest, Christian? What kind of a name is that for a girl? If I had actually been told about her, I think I would have called her Lucy or Karen. Or I might have been really adventurous and called her something like India or Israel -- I like place names. I also like Natalie and Nadine.

"Anyway, I decided I was going to find out who my daughter was at any cost. It took a while but I found out that my baby was adopted by a couple in Caldecott. Bummer.

"I had this feeling that I was going to know my daughter already. I traced my baby's childhood home and found it had been abandoned for ages. Inside there was still stuff belonging to the former residents. Yes, I had a look around. There was a room done up for a little girl. The walls looked like they had once been white and there was a rocking horse and other toys and books scattered around. The closet had some clothes. Nothing great except a little white dress. A white dress? My daughter's a Catholic? That was definitely a communion dress. Agh, in the eyes of God she's a catholic. Mother would be happy!

"So, I left the house. I asked around and my fears were confirmed, congratulations Nathaniel Essex, Rogue is your daughter. Now I feel like I should go on to Jerry Springer. 'Today we are talking to fathers who are their long lost children's enemy.' Yeh, Magneto could join me with Quicksilver and I'm sure Cable and Chuck have a couple of children stashed away who don't like them. Does the name Tyler mean anything and while we're at it, David sound familiar? Well at least I had a long term relationship with the mother.

"Now the $64 million question, do I tell Rogue? Well, if I start acting differently to her she's going to think I have a sick fascination with her. I have a sick fascination with her mother!

"Speaking of which, I had a message on my answering machine. (Yes, I have an answering machine. I also own a small island in the Pacific.) "It was Ms Darkholme. She wanted to meet me and apologize for her outburst. I called her back and said I'd meet her at her place. Well she's seen my place, I want to see her's.

"We met at her place, she apologized, we had a couple of drinks and then we got nostalgic which always leads to sex. Sad, isn't it. So we slept with each other and the next morning I confronted her. She's always in a good mood after she's screwed me. Not that I can complain about it, I love it when she dominates me! Sick? Perverted? That's me!

"Anyway, I confronted her about what she said and she confessed to having a baby, then putting her up for adoption. Aww, you should have seen here face. She looked like a little girl. I hugged her and told her it was alright and that I knew the girl and that she was a lovely little girl. Then Kes said she wanted to see her and tell her who we are.

"Yeh sure. 'Hi Rogue, I know I'm not your favorite person but I'm your father and this woman's your mother. Now how about a hug for your ol' dad!' Somehow I didn't think Rogue was going to accept us.

"Kes is good for a laugh and a quick tumble but she's numero uno pain in the rear! We went round to the Xavier Institute (for the criminally insane) and I took my bill for damages to my property. We met Rogue in private (it was Scott's day off), and we told her who she was. I had the sense to hide behind the sofa while our baby wrecked the room. She calmed down and asked us why she was put up for adoption. Kes told her she did it 'cause she was afraid I might do something to her. Excuse me Kes, but I want children! I want to have someone to spoil rotten who is a part of my soul.

"Y'know, I actually realize now that Rogue takes after her mother. I always thought that it was because of Mystique. I also realize I see nothing of me in her. So what did I go and say? 'I want a blood test.' They both look at me and Kes starts crying and saying that Rogue is mine and that's she's not slept with another man. Hey, my ego was boosted by that comment. What man's wouldn't? Oh, now I felt bad. I'd had an affair with someone a long time ago. Confessions of a dead man! Shit, Jean and Hank know about that fling. I'll tell her later.

"Anyway our baby, I like the sound of that, accepted us and then dropped a bomb on me. She was pregnant. It was Gambit's. Gambit was in Antarctica. What did I say? 'My baby's pregnant by that jerk?!'

"She replied, 'Hey, look it's not his fault.'

"I said 'Well, it takes two to make a baby.'

"She said, 'An' at least Ah'm facin' up ta it.'

"'Go to your room, young lady' would have been my first reaction if I had been a father to her. Then she brought up the Mutant Massacre. I stormed out of the house. I walked around town for ages (with the image inducer on) and sat in the park watching the fathers playing ball with their sons and mothers fixing their daughters' hair. The green-eyed monster appeared and I went home.

"A few hours later Kes appears on the doorstep and we started talking. Rogue wanted to know if her father was still mad. I said to Kes to tell her that the psychiatrist was still working on that one. She also told me that Rogue wanted to get to know us. She also wanted my help in finding Gambit. I agreed to both terms and we also decided it would be better if the X-Men knew the whole story. I wanted to find Gambit and stick a gun against his head 'til he agreed to marry my baby. I'd also bring Mystique along for the sheer heck of it! Hehe. Oh man, I can't wait to see Remy's face when he finds out.

"Which raises an interesting question, how the hell did my daughter get pregnant? Yes, I know the biology, but her powers would have done something horrible to Gambit. Oh well, I'll sort it all out later. Right now I'm going to have a shower. Who knows, maybe Kes'll be going with me. I don't think I'll have to wish for that one!"

 


Down-Home Charm / Fan-Fiction / Fan Artwork / History Books / Photo Album / Songbank / Miscellania / Links / Updates

Legalese: Rogue, the X-Men, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are Trademarks of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission. This is an unofficial fansite, and is not sponsored, licensed or approved by Marvel Comics.
Privacy Policy and Submission Guidelines