Down-Home Charm Photo Album Songbank Fan-Fiction History Books Fan Art Miscellania Links
Fan-Fiction >
Alternate Realities >
"The Sun Will Shine Again"

The Sun Will Shine Again

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Red Lagoski and Juliet belong to me.  The song "And All Will be Well" is a song I myself wrote, so it too is mine. Everything else belongs to Marvel.


The Sun Will Shine Again

Chapter 14

Red looked up at the sky. It was crying. Angels, his Saints, the Faiths, and even his God, they were all weeping over the poor body in the mahogany coffin that was slowly being lowered into the ground.

As the sky and all the deities of Heaven were crying, so were the useless humans gathered around, none of which could hold a candle to Juliet. Even Jean-Luc LeBeau, who had come out of respect for the dead and in hopes of finding his son there, couldn't hide his tears through the rain.

But as fat drops of rain patted Red's face until it hurt, and fell into his eyes, he didn't shed a tear. This was not his Juliet he was putting into the ground. It was a clone, or so the letter it had been holding said. But the real Juliet, was dead, killed at the hands of the man she loved, the man she had trusted and given a daughter too. It was better to put this... this thing in the ground and place a marker for his beloved cousin, than to just let it rot in the swamp.

He didn't watch the coffin being carryed into the mosuleum, even though he walked beside it, didn't hear the minister go on about her life as if the man had known her. This thing was being placed in between her mother and father, and his, and the marker that on the sliding stone that was being put into place read "I'll remember your smiling face, and the love you've shown to me. And I'll have to trust in God above, that He'll set my heart free!" It was part of one of her favorite songs, one she had written to sing at her parents' funeral.

A girl, one of Juliet's old singing partners was singing the same song.

"In the face of death we laugh,
Too young to know the difference,
Too dumb to know the pain.

But I know I'll be with you again,
When my journey here is done.
And I'll see your smiling face again,
and we will be as one.

And all will be well.

Oh, my hell is a cold region,
No fire burns down here.
My Heaven is in your arms,
Where we've gone, I've never feared.

I'll remember your smiling face,
And the love you've shown to me.
And I'll have to trust God above,
That He'll set my heart free!

And all will be well.

And as time goes on,
Our love can only grow a little stronger,
And to face the door of Heaven and Hell,
I'll hold your hand 'til we can touch no longer.

And all will be well.
All will be well

Oh, my hell is a cold region,
No fire burns down here.
My Heaven is in your arms,
Where we've gone, I've never feared.

I'll remember your smiling face,
And the love you've shown to me.
And I'll have to trust in God above,
That He'll set my heart free!

And I trust in you above,
That you'll set my heart free.
And all will be well.
All will be well."

Her voice was beautiful. Not quite as much as Juliet's, but beautiful nonetheless.

But he didn't see, or hear any of this. All he thought of were memories.

His eyes burned bright red behind his sunglasses, and his fists, both in his pockets, were burning with a fire he tried to hold back. But the trying wasn't easy, and he had to turn and leave when the pockets of his trench coat began to catch fire.

Jean-Luc, seeing the young man turn and walk away, moved to follow him, but someone caught his arm, and respectfully told him he should leave him alone. Jean-Luc looked once more after the boy, then nodded and turned back to the funeral.

Walking under the drooping willow trees that weeped for all the lost souls of the dead, Red promised himself when he met Remy again, he'd kill him. Not just kill him, but feed him piece by piece to the alligators as he watched himself being eaten. And yet, even that wasn't a good enough death. Remy should die a thousand deaths for what he had done.

He moved through the trees and mist, the rain pounding on his shoulders and head. The door the a limo opened and he stepped inside. "So, Mr. Essex, what do I have to do to get my niece back?"

 

Continued in Chapter 15

 


Down-Home Charm / Fan-Fiction / Fan Artwork / History Books / Photo Album / Songbank / Miscellania / Links / Updates

Legalese: Rogue, the X-Men, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are Trademarks of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission. This is an unofficial fansite, and is not sponsored, licensed or approved by Marvel Comics.
Privacy Policy and Submission Guidelines