Down-Home Charm Photo Album Songbank Fan-Fiction History Books Fan Art Miscellania Links
Fan-Fiction >
circa UXM #353 >
"How Long Will It Last?"

How Long Will It Last?

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Disclaimer: All characters are the property of Marvel. No profit is being made from writing this.


How Long Will It Last?

Chapter Three

He opened the door to the infirmary, and waited for Cecilia to tell him to go in. She looked over at the doorway and saw him standing there, and so she waved him in, and left him alone with Viper. She was breathing in sharply, and painfully by the look on her face. "Hey lover," she managed a smile in his direction, and closed her eyes.

"Hey," he smiled back, unsure of what to say to her.

"I heard you and the windrider...a rather heated discussion. It was about me, wasn't it?"

"Uh, yeah. I told her you were my wife, and she didn't take it all that well."

Viper struggled to sit herself up, and slapped Logan's hand away, when he offered assistance.

"Logan, your friends...they don't understand us. To them, I am a cold-blooded killer, and quite frankly they're right. But I do have my reasons." She looked away, she wasn't sure what to say to him.

"I know that darlin'."

She swung her legs over the side of the bed, and Logan moved back. She grabbed her clothes and dressed herself, whincing with pain.

"What are you doin', woman?!!"

"Leaving Logan...you are no longer bound by your oath to Seraph...you will get all the necessary papers for a proper divorce...possibly in the morning. Goodbye husband." She pushed her way past Logan and walked slowly out the infirmary door. Logan followed.

"Logan, do not follow me. Pretend I was never here, do you understand?" She was still wincing in pain, but she put on a brave front.

"No darlin', I'm afraid I don't. You're still seriously injured."

"I know that Logan, but I do not want to stay here any longer. Thank your Doctor Cecilia for me. She did a good job."

With that, Logan watched her walk out the mansion's door, and she left without a word.


I personally wasn't too fond of this ending, but it was okay I guess.  I could live with it.
-- Kylie

 


Down-Home Charm / Fan-Fiction / Fan Artwork / History Books / Photo Album / Songbank / Miscellania / Links / Updates

Legalese: Rogue, the X-Men, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are Trademarks of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission. This is an unofficial fansite, and is not sponsored, licensed or approved by Marvel Comics.
Privacy Policy and Submission Guidelines