Down-Home Charm Photo Album Songbank Fan-Fiction History Books Fan Art Miscellania Links
Fan-Fiction >
In the Future >
"Loose Ends"

Loose Ends

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Epilogue

Standard disclaimer: The X-Men, and all the parts there of belong to Marvel. I'm just using them without their ok. Comments can be sent to skpaul@earthlink.nospam.net. Just be sure to remove the nospam.


Loose Ends

Epilogue

Storm pulled the envelope out of her back pocket. Again. It was the third time in the past fifteen minutes. Not normally given to fits of nervous energy, she pulled the letter out of the envelope and looked at the date - two days before Rogue had left to meet Remy. It had arrived the day after she had returned. Skipping past the address, she started reading. Again.

Stormy,

By the time you receive this, Rogue will have returned from her trip, unless she decides to take a little time off to 'think things out' again. If she has returned, you've probably heard some pretty nasty things about me. Just to set the record straight, and to make sure there is no confusion, it's all true.

I wanted to let you know that, while I held Rogue responsible for what happened in the past, I never laid any blame at your feet. I miss you, and our friendship. I imagine you'll have a hard time believing that after what I just did to Rogue, but it's true.

I would like it very much if you would come visit me sometime. I want you to meet my wife and children. I have told them all about their 'Aunt Ororo', and they want to meet her very badly. I know my recent actions make it nearly impossible for you to trust me, but it's true.

If you ever find you need some time off, or would just like to visit, come to Key West. Ask around for Captain Remy -- I'm pretty well known down here.

I look forward to seeing you at some point in the future.

Always my best, Cherie, Remy

Wiping her eyes, Storm put the letter back in the envelope, and into her pocket. He was right, of course, she couldn't really believe his words, not after what he had done to Rogue, but she did. She knew she couldn't go see him, not now anyway, but if the Goddess was willing...

Looking up, Storm realized she was standing outside Rogue's door. Rogue had been locked inside her room for a week now, and had barely spoken to anyone since arriving home. Storm was determined to change that now. She rapped sharply on the door three times.

To her surprise, Rogue answered quickly, dressed in full uniform, before the third knock had faded to silence. Blocking the door so Ororo couldn't enter, she smiled awkwardly.

"Hey Storm."

"Rogue! I'm pleased to see you're up and about. Are you feeling better?"

"I'm gettin' there, thanks." They stood there in uncomfortable silence for a moment before Rogue spoke again. "Y' know, Ah'm jus' about ready ta head down to the danger room, but Ah still need a few minutes 'Ro. 'Kay?"

Catching the subtle inflection in Rogue's voice, Storm responded with a friendly "of course. I'll see you there in a few minutes." She turned to leave, hearing the door click shut behind her.

On the other side of the door, Rogue waited a minute or two before speaking to her companion.

'Th' best revenge is living well', the say? Well, swamp rat, they also say 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'.

"Now then Marrow, where were we?"

 


Down-Home Charm / Fan-Fiction / Fan Artwork / History Books / Photo Album / Songbank / Miscellania / Links / Updates

Legalese: Rogue, the X-Men, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are Trademarks of Marvel Characters, Inc. and are used without permission. This is an unofficial fansite, and is not sponsored, licensed or approved by Marvel Comics.
Privacy Policy and Submission Guidelines